Volume 7 | Issue 2 | May – Aug 2019 | Page: 43-45 | A A Hosangadi, Vinod Makannavar, B Karthik, Suryakanth Kalluraya
Authors: A A Hosangadi , Vinod Makannavar , B Karthik1, Suryakanth Kalluraya .
 Department of Orthopaedics, Karnataka Institute of medical science, Hubli, Karnataka, India.
Address of Correspondence
Dr. Vinod Makannavar
Senior Resident, Department of Orthopaedics,
Karnataka Institute of medical science, Hubli, Karnataka, India.
Combined fracture neck femur with anterior dislocation of the head of femur is a very rare and with little resources available in the literature. We hereby report a case condition treated by unipolar arthroplasty with Austin Moore prosthesis with 6-month follow-up showing good radiological and functional outcome. Functional evaluation at the end of follow-up was assessed according to Merle d’Aubigné score modified by Matta JM, which takes into account of the presence of pain, ability to walk, and joint range of motion. The measured functional score was 15 points out of a maximum of 18, signifying a good post-operative result.
Keywords: Anterior hip dislocation, Avascular necrosis.
1. CanaleT, Beaty JH. Acute dislocations In: Campbell’s Operative Orthopaedics. 12th ed., Vol 3. Ch. 60. Philadelphia, PA.: Elsevier; 2013.
2. Epstein HC, Harvey JP Jr. Traumatic anterior dislocation of the hip: Management and results (an analysis of fifty-five cases). J Bone Joint Surg Am 1972;54:1561-2.
3. Epstein HC, Wiss DA. Traumatic anterior dislocation of the hip. Orthopedics 1985;8:130, 132-4.
4. Sadler AH, DiStefano M. Anterior dislocation of the hip with ipsilateral basicervical fracture. A case report. J Bone Joint Surg Am 1985;67:326-9.
5. Jain SK, Aggarwal P, Yadav A. Obturator dislocation of hip with ipsilateral fracture neck femur-a case report. J Orthop Case Rep 2017;7:16-9.
6. McClelland SJ, Bauman PA, Medley CF, Jr, Shelton ML. Obturator hip dislocation with ipsilateral fractures of the femoral head and femoral neck. A case report. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1987:164–8
7. Esenkaya I, Gorgec M. Dislocation of the hip and ipsilateral femoral neck fracture. Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc 2002;36:366-8.
8. Dümmer RE, Sanzana ES. Hip dislocations associated with ipsilateral femoral neck fracture. Int Orthop 1999;23:353-4.
9. Thuan VL, Swiontkowski MF. Management of femoral neck fractures in young adults. Indian J Orthop 2008;42:3-12.
|How to Cite this article: Hosangadi A A, Makannavar V, Karthik B, Kalluraya S. Anterior Dislocation of Hip with Ipsilateral Neck of Femur Fracture- A Case Report. May-Aug 2019; 7(2): 43-45.|