Epidermoid Cyst in Tendon Achilles Following Percutaneous Tenotomy in Congenital Talipes Equinovarus: A Case Report
Volume 7 | Issue 1 | Jan – April 2019 | Page: 32-33| Mohamed Faheem Kotekar, Muthur Ajith Kumar, Shah Jay Rajesh
Authors: Mohamed Faheem Kotekar , Muthur Ajith Kumar , Shah Jay Rajesh .
 Department of Orthopaedics, Tejasvini Hospital, Mangalore, Karnataka, India.
Address of Correspondence
Dr. Shah Jay Rajesh,
Tejasvini Hospital, Mangalore, Karnataka, India.
An unusual case of implantation dermoid cyst of the tendoachilles which was symptomatic . This report discusses the possibility of such implantation dermoid cysts after percutaneous procedures such as the percutaneous tendon Achilles tenotomy for congenital talipes equinovarus.
Keywords : CTEV, Epidermoid cyst
1. Józsa L, Réffy A, Kannus P, Demel S, Elek E. Pathological alterations in human tendons. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 1990;110:15-21.
2. Lucas GL. Epidermoid inclusion cysts of the hand. J South Orthop Assoc 1999;8:188-92.
3. Ponseti IV. Congenital Clubfoot: Fundamental of Treatment. Oxford: Oxford University Press; 1996.
4. Carroll NC. Clubfoot in the twentieth century: Where we were and where we may be going in the twenty-first century. J Pediatr Orthop B 2012;21:1-6.
5. Dobbs MB, Gordon JE, Walton T, Schoenecker PL. Bleeding complications following percutaneous tendoachilles tenotomy in the treatment of clubfoot deformity. J Pediatr Orthop 2004;24:353-7.
6. Mardjetko SM, Lubicky JP, Kuo KN, Smrcina C. Pseudoaneurysm after foot surgery. J Pediatr Orthop 1991;11:657-62.
7. Burghardt RD, Herzenberg JE, Ranade A. Pseudoaneurysm after ponseti percutaneous achilles tenotomy: A case report. J Pediatr Orthop 2008;28:366-9.
8. Lewis TR, Taylor A, Haynes J. Ruptured pseudoaneurysm after percutaneous achilles tenotomy during ponseti treatment for congenital clubfoot deformity: A case report. JBJS Case Connect 2013;3:e11.
|How to Cite this article: Kotekar M F, Kumar M A, Shah J R. Epidermoid Cyst in Tendon Achilles Following Percutaneous Tenotomy in Congenital Talipes Equinovarus: A Case Report. J Kar Orth Assoc. Jan-April 2019; 7(1): 32-33.|
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!