Volume 6 | Issue 2 | May – Aug 2018 | Page: 35-37 | Nataraj A R, Raghavendra S, Murali Poduval Sreenivas T.
Authors: Nataraj A R , Raghavendra S , Murali Poduval , Sreenivas T .
 Dept of Orthopaedics ESIC PGIMSR, Bengaluru, Karnataka
 Dept of Orthopaedics JIPMER, Puducherry
 Dept of Orthopaedics, Kannur medical college, Kannur, Kerala
Address of Correspondence
Dr. Nataraj AR,
Department of Orthopaedics, ESIC MC & PGIMSR,
Rajajinagar Bengaluru 560072
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Traumatic spondylolisthesis can involve lamina, pedicle, or facet fracture, but usually spares pars interarticularis. Traumatic listhesis causing cord injuries has been reported. Traumatic spondylolisthesis of L4 and L5 vertebra with spontaneous reduction causing intimal tear of abdominalaorta in a case of polytrauma patient is very rare and has been never reported. In this case report, we are presenting one such case which eventually led to gangrene of both lower limbs and death due to sepsis and acute renal failure.
Keywords: Spondylolisthesis, abdominal aorta, intimal tear, polytrauma.
1. Sedrick JA, Ho J, Stern JA, McDaniel AT, Mahoney CR. Post-totalknee-arthroplasty popliteal artery intimal tear repaired with endoluminal balloon angioplasty. Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ) 2009;38:E31-3.
2. Lim CT, Hee HT, Liu G. Traumatic spondylolisthesis of the lumbar spine: A report of three cases. J OrthopSurg (Hong Kong) 2009;17:361-5.
3. Deniz FE, Zileli M, Cağli S, Kanyilmaz H. Traumatic L4-L5 spondylolisthesis: Case report. Eur Spine J 2008;17 Suppl 2:S2325.
4. Miyamoto H,Sumi M,Kataoka O,Doita M,Kurosaka M,Yoshiya S. Traumatic spondylolisthesis of the lumbosacral spine with multiple fractures of the posterior elements.J Bone Joint Surg Br2004;86:115-8.
5. Scalea TM, Boswell SA, Scott JD, Mitchell KA, Kramer ME, Pollak AN, et al. External fixation as a bridge to intramedullary nailing for patients with multiple injuries and with femur fractures: Damage control orthopedics. J Trauma 2000;48:613-21.
6. Robertson P, Karol LA, Rab GT. Open fractures of the tibia and femur in children. J PediatrOrthop 1996;16:621-6.
7. Lloyd S. Carotid artery dissection following minimal postural trauma in a firefighter. Occup Med (Lond) 2004;54:430-1.
8. Zack PM, Ischinger T. Late progression of an asymptomatic intimal tear to occlusive coronary artery dissection following angioplasty. CathetCardiovascDiagn 1985;11:41-8.
9. Ihaya A, Takamori A, Morioka K, Sasaki M, Yamada N, Tanabe S. Popliteal artery disruption following complete dislocation of the knee. Chirurgia 2006;19:219-21.
|How to Cite this article: Nataraj A R, Raghavendra S, Poduval M, Sreenivas T. Intimal Injury of Abdominal Aorta Following Traumatic Spondylolisthesis in a Polytrauma Patient – A Case Report. J Kar Orth Assoc. May-Aug 2018; 6(2): 35-37.|